Sunday, December 10, 2017

EVS Level UP Training Course - INTERVIEW WITH EGLE AND TAIRI

Name of the project: EVS Level UP
Date: 25th November – 2nd December 2017
Country/City: Velden am Wõrthersee / Austria






What was the main topic of the event?

Egle Hanilane: How to work with European Voluntary Service having a bigger impact on Social Participation in our communities.

Tairi Laats: The main topic was the EVS project. We learned what are the aspects of the EVS project, who are the people/organizations involved and how to improve your work with the volunteers.



What was the biggest learning moments on the event for you?

Egle Hanilane: My biggest learning moments were the moments to discover that I already knew some things and I must trust myself more on those topics. I got some good new ideas, which I´m going to use in my work with volunteer and other youngsters in our youth center.

Tairi Laats: The biggest learning moment for me was the financing. As an ex volunteer, I understood why the pocket money can never be enough, and how lucky I was with the accommodation and support I got from my organization. 


Do you have any plans to continue active in the field? If yes, what?

Egle Hanilane: I have been active in youth field since 2008 and we have our first EVS volunteer in our organization this year. These last 3 months have been interesting development time for me and I am definitely continuing to use the new ideas working with youngsters and volunteering.

Tairi Laats: Yes, I would like to get involved with the project. Be a mentor for a volunteer or help with coordinating a project or sending volunteers abroad.


Would you recommend it to your friends? I yes, why? If not, why not?

Egle Hanilane: I would definitely recommend the opportunity of intercultural learning and mobility projects to other people who work with youngsters. It is good way to take action in international level and gain more insight into the field.

Tairi Laats: Definitely yes. Erasmus+ projects are super informative. Non-formal learning is one of the best ways, since you are learning by doing and from other people the information actually stays easily in your memories. Also, it’s a great way of networking. The projects always gather a group of amazing people.


More comments or anything else you would like to share? You can add here in your own language, if you want!

Egle Hanilane: Thank you for the opportunity.


This Project was financed by European Commission's Erasmus + Programme

No comments:

Post a Comment