Sunday, December 10, 2017

Active Citizens of Today Training Course- INTERVIEW WITH RANNO, JOHANNA AND LIIS

Name of the project: Active Citizens of Today
Date: 10th – 18th November 2017
Country/City: Denmark, Vordingborg







What was the main topic of the event?

Ranno Sults: European citizenship issues and making young people more active in society.

Johanna Reinvald: European citizenship issues.

Liis Kotselainen: How to be a more active citizen in local and national levels.

What was the biggest learning moments on the event for you?

Ranno Sults: Group work. I had a good chance to improve my teamwork skills and learn to communicate with people from other cultures.

Johanna Reinvald: The most important thing for me was getting to know what opportunities do i have to change something in my community and even in the world. I also feel very educated about the European citizenship because now i know what it actually means and what comes with it.

Liis Kotselainen: Definitely the team work exercises, this helped to raise our team spirit and how to work in groups. I couldn’t even imagine that I would get so close with people I’ve only known for a week. This helped me to be more open and considerate with new people whom I can call my friends now.

Do you have any plans to continue active in the field? If yes, what?

Ranno Sults: Yes, I would like to participate more in that kind of programs.

Johanna Reinvald: After the project i really thought about what should i do with the knowledge that i got. Now I am participating in a project at my hometown that will bring the whole community together. Also  i am planning to go volunteering next year. Without the project, i would never have even thought about it.

Liis Kotselainen: Not quite sure yet, but I will definitely keep this as one of the options of what to do in the future.

Would you recommend it to your friends? I yes, why? If not, why not?

Ranno Sults: I would definitely recommend it to my friends because of the friendliness of participants and trainers in first hand. Also because of the experience of learning something in non-formal way, developing your teamwork skills and communication skills.

Johanna Reinvald: I have already shared the whole experience with my friends  and recommended, that they should also take part in such project. I truly feel that every person should have this experience at least one time in his/hers life because there are so many benefits to it such as: language skills, knowledge about different topics and of course lots of friends around the EU.

Liis Kotselainen: Definitely yes, we learned a lot of new and useful things and I can say that I got inspired to try to be more active and open minded about new challenges and projects that may come in my way.

More comments or anything else you would like to share? You can add here in your own language, if you want!

Ranno Sults: I loved the program, everything was more than well organised. People were the friendliest I have ever met.

Johanna Reinvald: I feel that the project really changed me and how i see things. I am very happy that i took part in this Erasmus+ project and hope that in the future, i will have many more.

Liis Kotselainen: I really really enjoyed this training course and the way that we learned was quite different every day, a nice alternation between learning in school and learning in this training course. Thank you for making this so interesting!

This Project was financed by European Commission's Erasmus + Programme

No comments:

Post a Comment