Monday, February 13, 2017

Eco Building for Future Training Course - INTERVIEW WITH HANNA REILSON AND KRISTIIN SULG

Name of the project: Eco Building for Future
Date: 17th to 23rd January 2017
Country/City: Spain/ Málaga


What was the main topic of the event?

Hanna Reilson - Eco
building and environmental awareness. During the week we discussed and developed our knowledge about the topic. Also we had a practical goal to build a prototype of a dry ecotoilet, which will use the capacity of compost to create organic fertilizer. Also we used recycled materials. It was funny to think that young people from different countries are coming together to build an eco-toilet. Later I had to admit that it was great way to promote teamwork and to bring the whole group together.

Kristiin Sulg - The main topic of the event was to get a real experience of building a prototype of a dry eco-toilet. Even though, the majority of our time was spent to actually build it, we had an opportunity to study some new theoretical knowledge of ecobuildings. 
The idea of this training was also to let young people to be creative and to learn new building techniques that might be useful in the future.

What was the biggest learning moments on the event for you?

Hanna Reilson - Well, for me it was the very first time to build a dry eco-toilet. So the whole thing was like a big learning-process which gave me a lot of new experiences and developed my skills.

Kristiin Sulg - I found myself thinking about the importance of a team-work. I have worked in different teams before, but every new experience is useful. If there is a certain work allocation in a project, every participant has to be open-minded to every opinion and idea.
This training asserted me that every member of the team must be cooperative to feel the unity and power in a team.

Do you have any plans to continue active in the field? If yes, what?

Hanna Reilson - For sure I’m trying to live and act more ecofriendly. And who knows, maybe someday I’m really going to use my new building skills as well.

Kristiin Sulg - In truth, I am not telling you that I am going to be active in building eco-toilets. But I am very thankful because I had experience like this. This training was important to me as I understand now the importance of environment even more.
Every person in the world has a power to be more environmentally friendly. We have to start with small steps.

Would you recommend it to your friends? If yes, why? If not, why not?

Hanna Reilson - Yes, of course! It’s such a great opportunity to learn and develop yourself!

Kristiin Sulg - Yes, I will recommend it to my friends! This was my first experience in training like this as well. I am really glad I decided to participate in it, even though I was a bit afraid of it at first. But there’s nothing to worry about!
In my opinion, young people have so many opportunities to explore the world, different cultures and people. Why not to join in? Taking part in diverse projects will broaden your mind in different ways.
To sum it up, I’d like to share with you this quote: “Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show”.


More comments or anything else you would like to share? You can add here in your own language, if you want!


Kristiin Sulg - I would like to thank the organizers of this project. They worked so hard to make it happen. And our trainers were amazing. It was a wonderful time with all the organizers, trainers and our team. 







This Project was financed by European Commission's Erasmus + Programme

No comments:

Post a Comment