Friday, February 3, 2017

Conflict Transformation through Culture Training Course - INTERVIEW WITH ELISA KIVILA, CHRIZTI TINT AND INGA ULM

Name of the project: Conflict Transformation through Culture: Intercultural Conflict Management in Youth Work
Date: 18.01.2017 - 25.01.2017
Country/City:Turkey/Istanbul

What was the main topic of the event?
Elisa Kivila - The main topic of the event was to learn about the characteristics of knowledge of intercultural conflict management approach, to develop new perspectives by experiencing cultural differences, needs, values and positions. In addition, to integrate the intercultural conflict management approach into fields where they work in order to transform conflicts in the youth field.
Chrizti Tint - Main topic was how to manage conflicts in youth work.
Inga Ulm - Conflict transformation through culture.

What was the biggest learning moments on the event for you?
Elisa Kivila - One of the biggest learning moments was definitely learning about other culture and countries’ problems from people all over Europe. As we had a lot of workshops with groups, we learned a lot about main concerns in different countries. In addition to that, I also liked that we had to analyze ourselves and how we act in conflict situation. That helped us to understand our strengths and weaknesses during conflicts and how to use them. Also, we experienced how diverse are peoples’ points of view on the same topic and how differently they deal with these situations and find solutions.  
Chrizti Tint - I learned a lot about different countries and about myself also.
Inga Ulm - Realizing, what kind of problems are there in different countries/cultures and how they are created, what can be the root problem.
Learning, how different people are, their mindset, world view and background. Together we can create much more than alone. Also, if you have friends in different countries, you are much more tolerable to anything that happens in the world and understanding, why some people act as they do.

Do you have any plans to continue active in the field? If yes, what?
Elisa Kivila - I think that conflict management could be really useful for everyone, in spite of what your major/occupation is, because in everyday life we challenge conflicts with other people as well as with ourselves. In the future I would like to be involved with similar trainings for sure.
Chrizti Tint - I am sure that I will continue doing different projects and make new friends/contacts because if you do it once, you can’ stop anymore.
Inga Ulm - Might happen yes, because during the project I realized that meeting with all those people, facilitating and having discussions about this kind of important topics can be something I am passionate about

Would you recommend it to your friends? I yes, why? If not, why not?
Elisa Kivila - I would and I will definitely recommend these kind of projects to my friends. It seems quite unbelievable how much can you learn in a week from different people with different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, etc. The trainers have really good ways to bring work and fun together, so basically you get smarter while you are having fun J Also, it is a great way to visit some other country and learn about its culture.
Chrizti Tint - Certainly I will recommend participate in these kinds of projects, it was life-changing experience for me.
Inga Ulm - Definitely, because only like that you can understand how the world is functioning, what the most important values in your life are and what it means to have a real friend in another country. This kind of projects are perfect for developing you step by step, improving social skills and gaining knowledge.

More comments or anything else you would like to share? You can add here in your own language, if you want!
Elisa Kivila - In general I really liked the whole concept of the project – all the 36 participants who attended were amazing, the trainers, organizers of the projects were great, of course the training itself was useful and interesting and Istanbul is a really magical city. Also, I have to mention all the workshops, simulation games and role plays that made the training even more exciting and fun! I would really recommend these projects to everyone – it is a good way to make friends all over the world and as they say that you know it’s a great story when it starts off with “When I was on Erasmus +….”
Inga Ulm - It was one of the best experiences I have had so far. It made me see my own country and the world from another perspective and gave me lots of ideas, thoughts about what I want to do further in my life.



This Project was financed by European Commission's Erasmus + Programme

No comments:

Post a Comment