Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Young Entrepreneur - Create Your Opportunity in The Countryside Youth Exchange - INTERVIEW WITH DOROTHY, KIUR, LINDA, LISETTE, AKSEL, KIRKE AND MARKO

 Name of the project: Young Entrepreneur - Create Your Opportunity in The Countryside
Date: 8th -16th  October 2017
Country/City: Slovenia, Rakičan




What was the main topic of the event?

Kiur: The main topic was entrepreneurship and developing the mindset of an entrepreneur along with basic information that a fledgling entrepreneur needs.

Linda: The main topic was entrepreneurship. The main objective was to encourage young people to find out their own business opportunities in rural environment and give them basic knowledge about entrepreneurship.

What was the biggest learning moments on the event for you?

Kiur: My moments were when we had to discuss our personal experiences in giving gifts and then finding a problem in it. Then we had to make a business idea out of it and I was surprised how many bright ideas can come from something so small. Another moment was when we were divided into groups and had to make a business pitch to an actual businessman. It was scary, but it taught us to see things from the perspective of a potential investor.

Dorothy: My biggest learning moment was building up my own business idea with my group. It was a very inspiring process on it’s own, but the reality sank in when we had to present our idea to a local entrepreneur. He was critical of the feasibility of our idea, to say the least. The whole ordeal taught me a lot about the business world, and I learnt not to be so attached to my product that I take constructive criticism on it as a personal offence.



Do you have any plans to continue active in the field? If yes, what?

Lisette: The project was very interesting and I hope that one day I can truly call myself an entrepreneur. For now, I am waiting on my big idea though!

Marko: I’m definitely thinking about starting my own business in the future and I feel as though the project gave me valuable tools and ideas to build on. So if I’m ever raking in millions, I’ll know which project to thank.

Would you recommend it to your friends? I yes, why? If not, why not?

Aksel: Already did, because I learned a lot about entrepreneurship, which was the theme of the project therefore I consider it successful if I obtained new information and knowledge about it, the other participants are awesome, not only is it a good practice in english, but all the stories, culture and views from people who were foreigners in my point of view – it was indescribably amazing of an experience.

Kirke: I definitely recommend it to my friends because besides learning a lot and getting to see things from a different perspective, I got to meet incredible people who were all able to leave a lasting impression on me. I will never forget the people and the project.


More comments or anything else you would like to share?

Linda: It was very enjoyable project, the best company and fun activities!


Marko: Once Erasmus, always Erasmus!




This Project was financed by European Commission's Erasmus + Programme

No comments:

Post a Comment