Sunday, October 15, 2017

EVS Mentoring and Intercultural Dialogue Training Course - INTERVIEW WITH MAIK

Name of the project: EVS MID
Date: 5.10.2017 – 11.10.2017
Country/City: Spain, Malaga




What was the main topic of the event?

Maik Mases: The topic of the training course was the European Voluntary Service and more specifically, every practical aspect that must be considered when hosting / coordinating / sending a volunteer.


What was the biggest learning moments on the event for you?

Maik Mases: The biggest learning moment was definitely learning from others’ experiences regarding EVS. In addition to the trainers, we had many participants who had been involved in EVS projects for quite some time, so it was very useful and interesting to hear different stories about conflicts, accommodation conditions, activities and initiatives created by the volunteers in the hosting organization etc. It was also nice to meet current EVS volunteers in Spain and see how they felt about their ongoing experience as a volunteer.



Do you have any plans to continue active in the field? If yes, what?

Maik Mases: I will start hosting an EVS volunteer in my organsiation starting next January and I will be the tutor. I’m really looking forward to this challenge which I hope adds some excitement and different perspectives to our everyday work.





Would you recommend it to your friends? I yes, why? If not, why not?

Maik Mases: I’d recommend the Erasmus Plus youth mobility projects to all young people because the for me personally, I think they enable you to engage in intercultural learning which is always eye-opening and fun as well. It’s something I wish I could do even more in my everyday life.




More comments or anything else you would like to share? You can add here in your own language, if you want!


Maik Mases: Learning by doing and having fun, that’s something we all should experience!





This Project was financed by European Commission's Erasmus + Programme

No comments:

Post a Comment